Biotactic is an internationally active scientific research and consulting company specializing in fish monitoring, fish passage and species at risk. Founded in 1998, we have extensive experience creating and developing innovative solutions and strategies for fisheries research and conservation.
Announcing the BRAIN
Biotactic has officially launched the BRAIN - Biotactic Research Artificial Intelligence Network. Our deep learning artificial intelligence system can accurately count fish, track their movement and score upstream versus downstream and true versus false passage. The BRAIN can provide valuable near real-time counts and perform in a variety of environments. Learn more about our new data analysis service.
- Port Hope Area Initiative Fish Rescue
- Rainbow Trout Passage at the Maple Hill Dam
- Coral Trout Telemetry
- Grand River Smallmouth Bass
- Dunnville Fishway Walleye Passage
- Arctic Char in Hope Bay
- Dam Effects on Benthic Fishes
- Fishway Attraction Enhancement
- Fisheries Offsets and Compensation- Bruce Power
- Silver Shiner Size-Class Structure, Habitat Utilization, Movement and Persistence in an Urbanized Fragment of a Great Lakes Tributary
- Upstream Transportation of Sea Lampreys
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on a Fishery
- Effects of Increased Silt Load
We began using underwater videography to monitor fish back in 1989 and things have changed a lot since then. Using our invaluable experience, we design, build and supply fish monitoring and fish counting systems.